|Goodbye 2009||December 31st, 2009|
As I sit here and think back to 2009 the word that comes to mind is death. A lot of people died in 2009, including a very close friend of Krissy and mine and my uncle. Of course celebrities were also high on the death toll this year. Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Bea Arthur, DJ Am, Britney Murphy, are just a few of the celebrities who passed this year.
2009 also saw a lot of changes. We saw the first black President come to office, along with the first Catholic Vice President. This year has also brought about some personal changes. We finally were able to get our puppy’s bubble on her stomach removed. 2009 also saw me working for some great (Greg) and some other not so great (Troy) people this year. It was also sad to see a site I was working on for a few years sell to a new owner and eventually close down completely.
In terms of this site though, the changes of 2009 were huge. From a new color scheme, new sections (like previews and reviews), new readers, it really has been an up year for the site I think. I think in 2010 things will get even bigger for the site.
2009 was a down year. I really hope that things get better with 2010, they could always get worse, I just hope 2010 is better. Happy New Year everyone.
19 leprakhauns running around|
Archive for December, 2009
|Top 10 Video Games of 2009||December 30th, 2009|
Here’s my list for the top 10 video games of 2009:
10. Halo 3: ODST- A spinoff to the Halo trilogy, this time around you are an ODST and not as powerful as Master Chief. It provides a different spin on the series, but if it weren’t for the cut scenes you’d have a hard time differentiating this from any other game in the Halo trilogy.
9. Resident Evil 5- The huge climactic (final?) battle that brings Chris together with a new partner to take revenge on the murder of his old partner, Jill Valentine. There’s a major twist in this game that adds it to the list. It was great playing as Chris, but playing as Jill with Chris as her partner like in the original game would have been much more reminiscent of the first game.
8. New Super Mario Bros. Wii- When New Super Mario Bros. came out for the DS it revitalized the 2d Mario experience. With New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it takes the 2d Mario experience to a whole new level with the addition of four player multiplayer at the same time. Would have been nice to have online multiplayer though.
7. The Conduit- I think ever since the Wii came out people were waiting for a good first person shooter on the Wii. What really sets this one apart from its predecessors is the online multiplayer, though it would have been great if they had a microphone/headset to use, and if you could add friends without the Nintendo friend codes.
6. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games- The sequel to the Summer Games, this one included many great events and was fun to play on the DS and the Wii, each adding its own way to play.
5. Wii Sports Resort- Nearly 1 to 1 hand motion with the addition of Wii Motion Plus, I think this is how many of us thought that the Wii would work when it first came out. Wii Sports Resort is much more than a training manual for how the Wii Motion Plus should work, it is hopefully a preview of what great games will support the peripheral in the future.
4. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- Everything in this game, from the stunning visuals, great gameplay, and a great multiplayer all come together perfectly in this PS3 exclusive.
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum- The best superhero game to date. Batman: Arkham Asylum makes you feel as though you are Batman, and the voice acting from the cartoon series really ties this game together.
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2- The latest game in the Call of Duty franchise brings a sequel to 2007’s Modern Warfare. Though it is missing zombies, special forces mode is a nice add-on, though it would be great if they had a matchmaking option for it.
1. Left 4 Dead 2- This game had a lot of controversy that it was just an expansion to the first game, but with the improvements to the director, the added weapons, longer levels, new special infected, and new game modes, this proved to be a viable sequel, and the number one game on our top 10 video games of 2009. No other game this year had the online ability, the varied game modes, or varied strengths of different classes in multiplayer.
*The games listed are just the opinion of LepsLair.com and reflect no outside data such as sales, or the opinions of others.
4 leprakhauns running around|
|Merry Christmas 2009||December 24th, 2009|
Merry Christmas (or insert your holiday of choice here). I would love to say I am taking tomorrow off, but I think I will be working through at least part of the holiday. I will be at a family dinner in the latter part of the day though, so it isn’t all bad. I hope you and your loved ones have a very happy and healthy holiday.
6 leprakhauns running around|